Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian – a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world – and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), KC Boyd.
You can link over to the official KC Boyd site here for the rest of this post. It’s well worth a look, because I left out a ton of great upchuckable stuff, including antidotes! These are but a few of her weekly “where religion meets your rights” collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by KC Boyd
Abortion, Contraception And Other Women’s Issues
- Sorry Chuck,But It’s Voter Apathy That Put Us Here: Religious Right Waging A Full Scale Assault On ALL Birth Control Thanks To Hobby Lobby
- Stealing Dignity Chuck: 6 Women on Their Terrifying, Infuriating Encounters With Abortion Clinic Protesters
- The Transparency Of Puke: Religious Conservatives Finally Admit What They Really Want Out Of Hobby Lobby (Hint: Barefoot & Pregnant)
- Adam Spews All Over Eve’s New Dress: The Creation Museum, “which is devoted to a literal, historical reading of the first book of the Bible, is in itself a forward operating base in the conservative war against legalized abortion, gay marriage, and the belief that man is at least partially responsible for climate change (the creationists’ retort being that God will not allow man to destroy a world that he created).”
- Chuck U: Between anti-taxers, schools-for-profit and Christers, do our kids have a chance? Creationism is just the start: How right-wing Christians are warping America’s schools
- Indoctri-Upchuck: Colorado Teachers Protest Having To Teach Koch Backed Extreme Right-Wing Indoctrination
- The Stink Of Upchuck: Because They Think Women Have No Brain, Virginia Candidate Who Backed Forced Ultrasound Tries To Win Them Back
- Congressional Quack Attack: Wife Of “Duck Dynasty” Cousin Running For Congress: I’ve Seen LGBT People Cured
- Oozing Hypocrisy: Conservatives are always trying to win over Jewish voters. So why do they keep holding a major event on the Jewish holidays?
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Todays GOP (GOPuke): 15 Values Voter Summit Speakers Who Think The US Is Becoming Nazi
If Media Is The Message
- Male Headship Poop: Fox News explains why contraception is bad and tobacco is good: Because men, that’s why.
Israel, End Times And John Hagee
- Genetically Predisposed Toward Upchuck: John Hagee: ‘If You’re Not for Israel, You’re Biblically Ignorant or Not Christian’
Lies, Propaganda and Random Hypocrisies
- Lies From The Pukes of Hell: America’s Christian Heritage Under Threat, Say Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Tony Perkins at ‘Star Spangled Sunday’
- The Matter With Kansas Is that They’re Always Upchucking: Kansas ‘Family Values’ Republicans Resort To Auctioning Off Sex Toys To Fill Budget Hole They (Brownback) Created
- Patty-Cake, Patty-Cake Pukers’ Man: “Little Jewish radical,” eh? Got anti-Semitism, Pat? A ‘Little Jewish Radical’ Responds to Pat Robertson
Religion Gone Bad
- Fisch-ing For Upchuck: Bryan Fischer Wants To Require All Immigrants To Convert To Christianity
Same Sex Issues
- Saudi-Like BMV Chuck: Texas woman denied driver license because of her same-sex marriage
Sausage Makers And Their Snausage
- What’s Up With That Chuck? Rick Perry Cites Joan Rivers’s Death to Defend Restrictive Texas Abortion Law
- Flipping Demented: Congressman Denies Making Controversial Comments About Gays, Forgets The Entire Thing Is On Tape
- Dixie Dishes The Poop: Dixie D’Souza Says Her Husband Dinesh Lied to Everybody
- Ewwwww-Chuck: Arrested Catholic Archbishop’s computer contained over 100,000 images of children
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Scrotal Puke: Why voting matters/ Why You Can’t Trust The Supreme Court, In Three Quotes
Choice Quotes From the 2014 Value Voters Summit (more at KC’s site, link above):
Thanks Go To RightWingWatch and PoliticalResearch .org
- Ted Cruz: Iranian leaders are “swilling Chardonnay” with Obama administration officials
- Michele Bachmann to Obama: Islam is the problem and you need to ‘declare war on it’
- Oliver North links opposition to gay marriage to his speech on national security
- Bachman insists: “I am a normal, real person.
- Ted Cruz demands Congress repeal Common Core, which is something Congress never passed
- Rand Paul says American civilization will collapse due to abortion rights
- More Froth: Santorum truly sounds like he’s calling for all-out war with the entire Islamic world. Says “the reason they’re winning is because they’re the ones willing to sacrifice.”
- Highly moral #VVS14 rents booth space to not-so-moral felon Dinesh D’Souza.
- Sarah Palin says the anti-gay, anti-Muslim, old white crowd at #VVS14 is “the most slandered group in America today”
- And: Liberals are “the truly prejudiced folks”
- And: Jindal claims there is an “unprecedented assault on our religious liberty rights” in US, cites Hobby Lobby
- FRC’s Jerry Boykin wishes “cowardly” US Christians would be brave like ISIS terrorists
- Mike Huckabee: states should defy court rulings in favor of marriage equality
- Back To The Huckster: Mike Huckabee tells #VVS14 that Christians must vote to ensure that America will “bow its knee before a holy God”
- Ryan Bomberger tells the #VVS14 audience that the Founding Fathers were “extremists,” just like the groups hosting this conference.
- Mat Staver tells #VVS14 that the contraception mandate is forcing Americans to literally participate in genocide.
- Mark Levin tells #VVS14 that evangelicals are “the most tolerant people I deal with”
- Mat Staver says that the contraception mandate means that America is worse than Rwanda and Nazi Germany
- Todd Starnes tells #VVS14: “You have a friend at Fox News”
- Brigitte Gabriel: Obama is “blind to terror, ignorant to terror… catering to terrorists, inviting terrorists to the White House” #VVS14
- Brigitte Gabriel intends to turn her anti-Islam Act for America organization into “the NRA of national security” groups.
- During Gabriel’s talk, an audience member just said “we should kill all the Muslims.” All the audience members around her murmured “yeah.”
- Glenn Beck: We could burn every school book, you can learn everything you need in the Bible!
- Top issues for #VVS14 voters: 1st: Religious Liberty – 39%, 2nd: Abortion – 24%, and 3rd: Marriage (no percentage given.)
- Liberty Institute says they are “winning” the battle of Religious Liberty. Sadly, that’s very very true. The Left has yet to figure out how to truly speak to the truth about Religious Liberty