Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian – a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world – and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), KC Boyd.
You can link over to the official KC Boyd site here for the rest of this post. It’s well worth a look, because I left out a ton of great upchuckable stuff, including antidotes! These are but a few of her weekly “where religion meets your rights” collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by KC Boyd
Abortion, Contraception And Other Women’s Issues
- #WhyElectionsMatter House Republicans Planning Vote on Pro-Life Bill to Ban Abortions After 20 Weeks
- #WhenReligionTrumpsAll Pharmacist Refuses to Fill Prescription for Miscarriage Patient
- #DenudingRoe Newest abortion bans may be the most dangerous yet.
- #RazorbackedII Arkansas has passed more anti-choice laws in 2015 than any other state, including Texas
- #Nazarene.NeedWeSayMore? Pro-Evolution Tenured Professor Laid Off From Nazarene University. Faculty protests.
- #MadrassaMama GOP Committeewoman: Muslim, Wiccan Statehouse Prayers Show Need For Christianity In Public Schools
- #DoWhatBristolDid? Alaska Bill Restricts Sexual Health Education in Schools
- #EducatingBozo “Bible Man” leads students in Bible readings, sets up “baby Jesus” displays at school, preaches in sermons that “Jesus died on the cross for our sins,” and distributes religious literature.
Fifty Shades Of Barking Mad
- #ReadyForTheLoonyBin Pat Robertson: child of a woman who once had an abortion may fear that she will “kill me later on”
- #NotTheOnion St. Louis Archbishop Says He Didn’t Know It Was Illegal For Priests To Have Sex With Kids
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- #InsideAHatersMind Neo-Nazi: I Hate Gay People ‘With A Passion’ And I’ve Killed Others
- #CactileDysfunction Arizona Hate Preacher Who Tells Women They Deserve Rape Is Harassing Mosque-Goers
Fifty Shades of Lying Propaganda
- #ChristerSpew Jindal: Christians are assaulted and victimized by Hollywood and Corporate America
If Media’s The Message
- #WashHisMouthOutWIthLye Religious Right Pundit: “Hitlery” Clinton Too Ugly To Be President
- #AttractedToHillary? Sandy Rios suggests Hillary Clinton is a lesbian who deliberately excluded white straight couples in launch video
Israel, End Times And John Hagee
- #PoliticalReligionist HAGEE’S NEW FILM USES JEWS AND SCIENCE TO PROVE CHRISTIAN, PRO-US GOD
- #MayHisCampaignRestInPeace Rick Santorum calls President Obama a “nig” “
- #PanderParty Bush burnishes his religious right bona fides by recalling his full fanatic act during the Terri Schiavo fiasco.
- #MaybeNotSoMaleable Bombshell: Marco Rubio’s Miami Church: Exorcisms, Creationism, Anti-Gay Policies
- #PoliticalZionism Anti-Gay Hate Group Will Bring Fox News, GOP Hopefuls On A Trip To Israel
- #HawksTheLoogie Huckajesus Goes On Insane Rant: I Will Call Down Fire From Heaven If I Have To
Religion Gone Mad Gone Bad
- #IrrelevanCrazyEyes Michele Bachmann: The End Times Are Here, Thanks Obama!
- #ExtraterrestrialOrNot Secrets of the Scientologists: Why people do horrible things for belief
- #ForTheLoveOfChrist Atheist mom: Death threats from angry Christians helped kill my faith
Same Sex Issues
- #LastDitch Two More Anti-LGBT Bills Get Hearings This Week
- #LogCabinBlues The Big Tent: Conservative group bars GOP gay organization from event
- #BoycottThisDude Michigan auto repair shop owner rants on Facebook: No service for gays ‘in the name of freedom’
Sausage Makers And Their Sausage
- #SwampScum Jindal Says ‘Far Left’ Weakening 1st Amendment, Demands Lawmakers Pass ‘Religious Freedom’ Bill
- #LoveTheFetusHateTheWoman GOP Response to Nightmarish Attack on Pregnant Women: ‘Personhood’ Legislation
- #ScamminThePoor Pastor charged thousands to disabled man’s credit cards
- #KeepingItClassy Christian family band members in deadly parking lot brawl
Supremes And Lower Courts
- #1stAmendmentBuster Hobby Lobby Part II Is Barreling Towards The Supreme Court
- #TitanicBlunder A Tennessee bill to make the Bible the state book is unconstitutional but some lawmakers won’t back down
- #SpewingLarge ADF is the country’s best-funded and most powerful right-wing Christian group working against what the organization calls the “myth of the so-called ‘separation of church and state.'”
- #WhatsTheMatterWithOklahoma? Oklahoma attorney general wants private citizens to distribute religious literature in schools