- Escaped killers could be “anywhere”
- White TX cop slams black girl to ground
- G7: Ukraine / Greece / beer
- Republican “roast & ride”
- Govt data breach: Chinese hackers’ latest?
- House trade vote: Nail-biter
- Hastert: Money-making / allegations
- Beau Biden: “An original”
- Turkey’s AKP: Tough challenge
Escaped Killers Could Be “Anywhere” (AP, NYT, me)
• Two murderers who escaped from a prison by cutting through steel walls and pipes remain on the loose as authorities investigate how the inmates obtained the power tools used in the “Shawshank Redemption”-style breakout (anyone smelling movie or TV?)
• David Sweat, 34, was serving a sentence of life without parole for the 2002 killing of a sheriff’s deputy. Richard Matt, 48, had been sentenced to 25 years to life for kidnapping, killing and dismembering his former boss in 1997
• Gov Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) announced a $100,000 rewards for info leading to the men’s capture. “They are killers. They are murderers,” said the governor. Officials gave no details on how the men managed to avoid detection while cutting their way out. “They had to be heard,” Cuomo told ABC’s Good Morning America
• Authorities set up roadblocks and brought in bloodhounds and helicopters. Hundreds of law enforcement officers fanned out around the prison, about 20 miles south of the Canadian border, following up on more than 150 tips. Dubbed “Little Siberia” by locals, the prison houses nearly 3,000 inmates
• Prison officials found the inmates’ beds inside the Clinton Correctional Facility stuffed with clothes Saturday morning in an apparent attempt to fool guards making their rounds (old school). On a cut steam pipe, the prisoners left a taunting note containing a crude Asian caricature and the words “Have a nice day.” Are they together? Did they receive help inside/outside?
• Officials said the inmates cut through the steel wall at the back of their cell, crawled down a catwalk, broke through a brick wall, cut their way into and out of a steam pipe, and then sliced through the chain and lock on a manhole cover outside the prison. It was the first escape from the prison, built in 1865. Access to tools? Why did no one hear them? (of course people did)
• A white police officer in McKinney TX has been suspended after a shocking video emerged Saturday that shows the cop manhandling, arresting and drawing his gun on a group of black children outside a pool party. Three mins into the video, Cpl Eric Casebolt slams a 14-year-old girl in a bikini into the ground, pulls her hair and sits on her. It’s crazy
• The video captures a chaotic scene in a suburban community about 35 miles north of Dallas. When several teens move toward Casebolt, he lets the teen go and takes several steps toward them. As they begin to back up and turn to flee, he pulls out his gun and approaches menacingly before two other officers appear to intervene. He returns to the girl and grabs her arm
• “Call my mama, oh God,” she shouts. He forcefully swings her by the arm to the ground. “On your face!” he orders and presses his open hand to the back of her head and slams her face-first into the grass. While other teens watch, the officer places both of his knees on her bare back. Her crying is audible (and pitiful)
• Who is the fat white man wandering around right in the middle of it all in the video? Not objecting to any of the cops behaving appallingly and just – being there? If it hadn’t been for the video, would the cop be suspended right now? I think we all know the answer to that
Go Back to “Section 8 Housing”
• The McKinney PD said in a statement that the video “raised concerns” and is investigating the incident. Casebolt, a 10-year veteran of the dept, serves as a VP of McKinney’s police union. The girl in the video was detained but later released to her parents without charge (I’ll bet). One adult male was arrested for interference with a police officer (no teens – note)
• Teens at the pool told Buzzfeed News the police were called after a fight broke out between adults and youth at the pool after adults made racist comments telling the black children to leave the area and return to “Section 8
The Talk Radio News Service is the only information, news booking and host service dedicated to serving the talk radio community. TRNS maintains a Washington office that includes White House, Capitol Hill and Pentagon staffed bureaus, and a New York office with a United Nations staffed bureau. Talk Radio News Service has permanent access to every breaking newsevent in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond.