Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian – a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world – and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), KC Boyd.
You can link over to the official KC Boyd site here for much-needed antidotes (scroll down to the end of KC’s post) or any links that failed to show up here. Welcome to KC’s weekly “where religion meets your rights” collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by KC Boyd
Abortion, Contraception And Other Women’s Issues
- Doctors must send ultrasound pics to North Carolina officials under ‘creepy’ new anti-abortion law
- Conflating Police Shootings of Blacks With Abortion, Missouri Republicans to Push Anti-Choice ‘All Lives Matter’ Bill
- Never Forget: Ted Cruz Pledged Support For Constitutional Amendment Banning Birth Control
- California: Here’s another case of a Catholic hospital interfering with patient care
- 207 members of Congress signed brief arguing for religious non-profit exemption from the contraception mandate
- Newt Gingrich To Lead Pastors Planned Parenthood Revolt
- North Carolina Republicans Demand Abortion Patients’ Ultrasounds
- Over a quarter of all abortion restrictions since Roe v Wade passed in 1973 were enacted in the past four years.
- Who’s Driving High Abortion Rates? It’s the Religious Right
- Jeb! Voices Opposition to ‘Roe,’ Promises to Expand Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- Kansas GOP Governor Wants to End Planned Parenthood Funding
- Florida Bills Threaten Science Instruction and Freedom to Read
- Should religious schools be regulated? Voices in the UK say yes
Fifty Shades Of Barking Mad
- Pat Robertson: Beware Satanic Rock Music That ‘Summons Demons’
- Louie Gohmert Wanted To Start Bombing Iran Over Captured Sailors
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Ben Carson Calls For Investigation Of Muslim Guests Attending State Of The Union
- Koch Brothers’ Father Helped Nazis Build Oil Refinery
- Ohio Republican surprised to find out he’s responsible for Kim Davis attending State of the Union. One day it’s the Pope, the next it’s the SOTU.
- ‘You and your family will die’: Christian Klansman terrorizes biracial Oregon family
- Mike Huckabee: Poor Americans will be better off if we treat them like we ‘train dogs’
- Theodore Shoebat calls for SWAT teams to raid the homes of “faggots” and seize their children:
If Media’s The Message
- “If you watch a Cruz speech, it’s like, we have got this enemy, we have got that enemy, we’re going to stomp on this person, we’re going to crush that person, we’re going to destroy that person,” Brooks explained. “It is an ugly world in Ted Cruz’s world, and it’s combative, and it’s angry, and it’s apocalyptic.”
- What Reporters Should Know About Ted Cruz’s Evangelical Hype Man, Tony Perkins
- Ann Coulter: God Raised Up Trump To Save Us From 1,000 Years Of Darkness
- Cruz backer Phil Robertson said black people were better off under Jim Crow, “singing and happy”
- Kim Davis: State of the Union ignored Christians like me being “mashed down, literally” by Obama
Lies, Propaganda And Hypocrisy
- Televangelist Jim Bakker: Extreme weather patterns are the ‘spirit of ISIS’ in America
- GOPer Dave Brat Attacks Obama For Citing Bible, Says Right ‘Owns The Tradition’ Of Christian Love
- Ted Cruz’s Diligent Courting of Evangelicals Pays Off in Iowa
- Ted Cruz’s Christian-Nation Candidacy
- Hate group Family Research Council arranged for Kim Davis, to sit in the House SOTU audience. They also got a seat for her attorney Mat Staver.
- Santorum: Gay Marriage is Anti-Nature, Like Changing ‘Chemical Equation for Water’ From H20 to H30
- Pastor Rick Warren joins board advising Marco Rubio’s presidential campaign
- Ted Cruz To Address Church Led By Extremist ‘Prophet’
- Sorry, David Brooks: In all his sadism, Ted Cruz is the true face of the Christian right
- GOP Turns to New Hampshire’s Churches in Search of Votes
- Rep. Steve King Prays for Fetuses, Mocks Obama’s Tears
- Woman Magnificently Confronts Mike Huckabee Over His Support For The Duggars
- The Republican Tribalism In Ted Cruz’s ‘Duck Dynasty’ Ad
- Tom DeLay says that Obama is “a lawless president” and so Congress should have “disinvited him” to give the SOTU
- Watch for candidates to tie their economic views to biblical morality at GOP debate.
- By “New York values” did Cruz mean “Jewish”?
- Tony Perkins explains that conservatives love Ted Cruz because is willing to “challenge the darkness — of terrorism, Christian persecution, same-sex marriage, abortion, religious hostility, radical Islam, family breakdown, even the economy.”
- Trump Campaign Picks Radical Anti-Gay End Times Pastor For Rally Invocation
Religion Gone Mad Gone Bad
- Virginia Pastor: ‘Whoremongers’ Want To Kill Your Wife So ‘Hang On’ To Your Guns
- By Jon Krakauer: The Fundamentalist Religious Views That Inspired Ammon Bundy and His Militia to Occupy a Remote Federal Facility in Oregon
- Mormon LGBT ban was “revealed” to the prophet as God’s will, says Elder Nelson
- Harlem Hate Pastor Announces 40 Days Of Fasting & Prayer: Ask God To Make Trump Our President
- The Brutalism of Ted Cruz
- Repent’ the gay away: Wife of Mormon leader tells gays to pray for ‘sexual harmony’ with God
- Michele Bachmann: Hate crime protection for LGBT people is ‘tyranny’ in ‘God’s form of government’
Scandals ,Crimes And Misdemeanors
- Did Pope Benedict XVI’s Brother Run a Sadistic Sex Camp for Choirboys?
- Pastor of fatal beating church rejects plea offer
- VA GOP Rep. Wants To Examine Students’ Genitalia For Proof Of Gender
- Police Searching for Pennsylvania Pastor Accused of Raping Teen Girl
- Pennsylvania judge slaps down ex-pastor who wanted ‘volume discount’ for molesting boy 12 times
- Ex-pastor, coach who filmed himself molesting boy deserves long prison term, court rules
- American Pastor Charged With Raping Teenage Girl Is In Ecuador, Police Say
- Florida man tells city council he opposes LGBT protections because he molested boys until he found God
- Okla. Bible study leader charged with more than 50 counts for molesting 14-year-old girl he ‘brainwashed’
- Duggar mentor Bill Gothard sorry for ‘sinful’ touching of women’s feet — but not for sex abuse
- Abuse allegations in Newfoundland casting a cloud over Jehovah’s Witnesses
Supremes And Lower Courts
- Anti-union SCOTUS Challenge Threatens Church-State Separation
- Kim Davis Weaseled Her Way Into the SOTU And Didn’t Enjoy It One Bit
- Those 2 nuns you saw at the SOTU: Paul Ryan invited them – They’re the Little Sisters of the Poor
- ‘Natural marriage’ bill could cost Tennessee $8 billion
- Dentist sued for harassing staff by constantly playing Christian music
- U.S. Army logistics officer who writes a fitness blog for the Defense Department’s health website has been criticized for plugging Jesus and the Bible as a way of getting healthy.
- Southern Baptist Convention’s Ronnie Floyd says that the “spiritual state of our union” is weak and “we need to repent, come back to God and put our trust in God alone. America needs a Great Spiritual Awakening.”
- Tony Perkins does not believe in religious liberty
- Kim Davis: I came to the State of the Union to ‘encourage’ Christians
- Indiana Governor Mike Pence: ‘Religious Freedom’ Should Trump Civil Rights
- Cruz mega-donors’ path to ‘kingdom building’
Laffy, let me just thank you for speaking out on an issue that’s bothered me for a while. How mean Bernie supporters can be to people who … look, I haven’t even said I won’t vote for him, or really criticized him (other than answering a question I was asked) … aren’t totally on the train. And you’re so right. That isn’t the way to get more people onboard.
Again, Laffy, I’m so glad you said that. Thank you for that, and being you. I understand Nicole’s perspective, I think you understand my point (no, I don’t think O’Malley’s gonna win, but … ) and so did a few others in chat. I’m not trolling, … but I think you know that.
Maybe we need to remember the circular firing squad winds up with everybody shot.
You’re very welcome. I agree with Nicole, btw. But I do understand your point. We all need to treat each other with respect. That’s the main thing.