Please welcome back regular guest contributor, author of Being Christian – a racy novel that explores the dark underbelly of the right-wing Christian world – and the go-to blogger on shocking religion news, hypocrisy, and all things church v. state (weekly upchucks), KC Boyd.
You can link over to the official KC Boyd site here for much-needed antidotes (scroll down) or any links that failed to show up here! Welcome to KC’s weekly “where religion meets your rights” collection:
Your Weekly Upchucks: The place where religion meets your rights
– by KC Boyd
With the heaviest of hearts I present this week’s Upchucks. Upchucks without the snark.
The religious ideology that sent zealots into the streets, the restaurants and the concert hall in Paris, that sent them there with the sole intention of taking as many innocent Westerners along with them to their death defies reason, defies decency, defies humanity. There are times to see Upchucks for the mere absurdist stupidity that they represent. Then there are times like now that we all must take the Christian Right, our very own home-grown zealots, seriously to stop them before they take more power over our lives than they already have.
We must do much, much more than to simply ‘Pray for Paris.’ We have to, each and every one of us, confront extremism religion in our daily lives, both locally and nationally and to do it here and now. Because it can happen here.
Abortion, Contraception And Other Women’s Issues
- Anti-Contraception Rhetoric At GOP’s ‘Freedom’ Summit
- Fiorina Wants Forced Parental Notification in California
- Targeted regulations of abortion providers (TRAP) force another clinic closure in Indiana.
- Bill That Lets Bosses Fire Single Women For Getting Pregnant Gains Steam
- GOP senator demands Mizzou grad student stop studying effects of 72-hour abortion waiting period on women
- Rubio’s Success in Tuesday Night’s Debate Should Terrify Women
- Michigan’s Proposed Second-Trimester Abortion Ban Advances
- Atheists slam PA school nurse for refusing to treat student who won’t stand for Pledge of Allegiance
- Eighth-Graders In Ohio Public School Allegedly Taught Marriage Prevents STDs
- Jeb! is proud he made FL teach young Earth creationism & the upside of slavery.
Fifty Shades Of Hate
- Freedom conference organizer: Homosexuals are coming for Christians like ‘what Hitler was doing’
- Christian Group Releases Rankings Of Anti-Gay, Anti-Choice Companies
- Newt Gingrich tells Congress to follow Houston’s lead and block protections for transgender students
- Anti-gay pastor wants America to repent for fictional British wizard Harry Potter’s ‘homosexuality
- Marco Rubio hires antigay activist Eric Teetsel to be his Faith Director
- Episcopal preacher skewers Maine GOP with the Gospel after they bizarrely smear him as ‘anti-Christian’ -with-the-gospel-after-they-bizarrely-smear-him-as-anti-christian/
- Judge Cites Anti-Gay Research To Remove Foster Child From Same-Sex Parents
- Ted Cruz exploits Paris attack to talk about Christian persecution while honoring anti-gay bigots
If Media’s The Message
- Fox Host: “The War On Christmas