Or, I suppose, American Roulette.
Either way, we’re fucked.
It’s great to be back at Radio or Not after a week of having to watch out for F-bombs on terrestrial radio. We spent much of the first hour recapping the madness that ensued while I was gone last week. Cliff Schecter joined in to help try to make sense of the insanity.
And if it’s Monday, we find out what ridiculous things politicians said and how the so-called journalists who moderate the Sunday shows let them get away with spewing bullshit in our Fools on the Hill™ segment with Nicole Belle of Crooks & Liars.
The biggest lie in WashingtonDC is “both sides do it.” And it gets repeated again and again, absent any facts or evidence.
Let’s take a look at how many times it happened last Sunday:
Savannah Guthrie badgered Treasury Secretary Jack Lew into why President Obama wouldn’t negotiate with the Republicans.
And then gave Rand Paul a virtually unchallenged platform for his ransom demands.
Chris Wallace said that Obama WANTS to “panic the market” to hurt Republicans.
Speaker of the House John Boehner insists he’s a reasonable man, but it’s Obama who is unreasonable by refusing to accept their attempts to defund Obamacare. Of course, George Stephanopoulos didn’t bother to challenge that.
And Ted Cruz insists that he’s not hurting the GOP brand. But don’t expect Candy Crowley to bring up this in response.
Also, on the show today, we welcomed our new sponsor, Credo Mobile! They have a great offer for listeners of this show. So follow the link to sign up for phone service from the company that actually puts its profits to work for progressive causes! And they’re offering our listeners a great deal:
● 25% off your monthly data plan fee for two years with a two-year CREDO Mobile service agreement.
● Stuck in a contract with your current phone company? Don’t worry. If your phone company charges you a
cancellation fee to leave, CREDO will give you a bill credit to cover that cost (up to $350 per line, for up to
3 lines transferred to CREDO).
● Calls you make from the U.S. to Canada and Mexico at no extra charge
● True unlimited data plan (unlike those other carriers that throttle your speed)
● No early termination fee for your first 30 days. Explore your new service with CREDO Mobile before the
early termination fee goes into effect. All service charges and late/damaged equipment fees will apply
during the first 30 days.
● FREE shipping
● The ability to keep your current phone number
● Donations to progressive groups